Thursday 4 December 2008

The Duchess

I wrote this ages ago, and its not even in cinemas anymore but thought I'd post it..hehe !

The Duchess 

.....And then the cast belted out another chorus of Ne-Yo’s recent chart topper “Miss Independent”. I’m afraid my jokes are not for the faint of hearted, and I end my sarcasm there as neither is this film. It is a story filled with the bleakness of eighteenth century oppression, and the most timeless heartbreak. 

Our Duchess, played exquisitely by the English rose Keira Knightley, leads us through her moments of the most intoxicating ecstasy, and catastrophic agony. Based on a true story it tugs hard at the heart strings as the lace of a rib crushing corset, and deals with the suffocating barriers of female virtue and aristocratic duty. 

The Duchess is not to be missed, grace the picture house now and show how the most admired woman in all of England, incessantly surrounded by people can also be the loneliest. 

No comments: