Sunday 31 January 2010

DELPHIC



Discovered. Loved. Chuffed. Must share.
Their music sneaked onto my itunes via a free Radar mixtape I downloaded from the NME website. (I know I know, if the Daily Mail made a music magazine) I loved the laid back, effortless upbeat music mixed with the poignant lyrics in Couterpoint. Quite heart-rendering. While at the same time being as far away from any emo or Snow Patrol-ish as you can get. If Friendly Fires were a beach party, then Delphic would be a moonlight walk with your toes in the sand. A bit more mature, but equally awesome and more likely to be remembered.

Doubt is the first official single release from the debut album Acolyte. Radio One have been obsessively playing Doubt in their usual desperate attempt to be diverse and all-encompassing. Its is another brilliant song though. I can't wait to get my hands on this album. These guys are really imaginative, innovative and expressive. 2010 is going to a massive year for them.

The photos on the website are also pretty impressive, take a peak. http://delphic.cc/photos/

X

No comments: