Sunday 29 March 2009

Slumdog Millionaire.


Danny Boyle (director, and
Loveleen Tanden (India)

I went to see this film again because I thought my house mate NEEDED to see it, I think its a bit of a beauty.

So does a Slumdog become a millionaire?


The opening sequence is one of the most impressive I've seen in ages, and acts a real initial culture shock for the audience as we land in the slums of Mombai with the young brothers, Jamal and Salim Malik. The awards really should belong to these actors, the stars who really have been given the ultimate escape from the real tough life of India, they really were amazing. 

After being left tragically orphaned, our brothers stick together as a team, but the elder, Salim longs for power and looks for it in all the wrong places, dragging himself into trouble which haunts the film with danger and betrayal. His sibling never looses faith in him though, and is driven by his love for the lost and devastatingly beautiful Latika who risks becoming just another victim of patriarchal cruelty, but of course Jamal finds her and they begin the life they both longed for, in love and freedom. 


This is an awesome story of having nothing, but risking everything because you know in your heart that it is written, and your destiny will find you. (awwww)
But Jamal isn't interested in money, right?

I didn't really listen to all the hype leading up to Slumdog's release so maybe thats why I was so impressed, I think the people I went with the first time were expecting a bit more. 
What did you think?

I can't wait to see A Boat That Rocked, I think its going to own, I'll be doing allllll kinds of blogging about that little beast.
x

No comments: